INTEGRATING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT INTO THE STRATEGY
The challenges of today’s world, particularly when it comes to climate deregulation, the scarcity of resources and social exclusion, are calling on us to reorganise our economic models so that they structurally factor in social and environmental issues.
SUEZ environnement’s sustainable development policy is a powerful driver for transforming our activities so that they can make a greater contribution to the essential needs of society.
SUEZ environnement has identified 12 commitments, backed up by timed and quantified targets cascaded to each subsidiary and by indicators that shape its 2012-2016 Roadmap. This drive for continuous improvement is fully incorporated into the Group’s global strategy, governance and businesses, and its roll-out, in co-construction with all of its stakeholders, is a prerequisite for the operational performance of its activities.
THE ETHICS AND
- - driving and coordinating the functional departments’ and subsidiaries’ sustainable development teams to consolidate responsible performance based on timed and quantified targets in the Roadmap.
- - - providing suggestions from stakeholders to General Management based on the annual Roadmap results and changes in the external environment, as well as intensifying, reinforcing, adjusting or supplementing existing policies.
- - creating and implementing policies that enable access to services for everyone, in cooperation with the departments concerned.
- - organising and managing dialogue with stakeholders.
- - designing and implementing social engineering tools.
- - anticipating emerging issues.
- - managing the relationship with auditors and rating agencies with respect to non-financial performance, and reporting on this performance internally and externally.
- - presenting the Sustainable Development Policy outside the Group and representing the Group on various bodies.
AWARENESS OF THE NEW CHALLENGES
CITIES ARE GROWING FAST
DEPLETION OF RESOURCES
A CITIZENS’ REVOLUTION
4 ACTIVITIES DEDICATED TO RECOVERING AND SECURING RESOURCES
Water cycle management solutions to optimise the use of water and preserve the resource sustainably: protection of the resource and natural environments, production of drinking water, wastewater treatment, efficient management of network assets supplies and smart solutions.
Operation of plants and networks, social and environmental engineering, customer relations management.
RECYCLING AND WASTE RECOVERY
Management solutions and solutions for material, biological and energy recovery to produce new resources.
Studies, consultancy, collection, sorting and dismantling, recycling, production and marketing of new resources, specialised services for industrial sites.
Water treatment solutions to ensure lasting access to the resource: production of drinking water, desalinisation of sea water, sludge treatment, wastewater treatment and recycling.
Design, construction, operation and financing of water treatment plants and systems.
Innovative consulting solutions that incorporate all the technical, economic, environmental and social dimensions for creating sustainable regions.
Consultant engineering, optimisation of investments and management of complex projects to optimise costs and lead times.
the complete 2012-2016 report
Chief Executive Officer
of SUEZ environnement
« Sustainable Development as a differentation factor ? »
of SUEZ environnement
« Key factors of differenciation for water and waste markets »